During the first decade of September, 2017, a seminar “Compliance with Quarantine Phytosanitary Requirements and Requirements for Quality and Safety of Grains and Their Processed Products Specified by Importing Countries” was held in the Republic of Kazakhstan (Astana). The seminar was held in the framework of international forum “Eurasian Week”.
Denis Belkin, Candidate of Sciences (Biology), a specialist of the scientific-experimental department of FGBI VNIIKR, participated in the seminar and made a presentation “Quarantine objects of the Uniform Register of the Eurasian Economic Union in the context of grain phytosanitary safety”.
In the course of working sessions the presentations of the seminar’s participants were made on the following topics:
- EAEU quarantine phytosanitary requirements for grain and products thereof;
- Requirements for grain safety and quality of major importing countries;
- Grain export and promotion of Russian grain to new perspective markets;
- National system for provision of quality control and safety of grain and products thereof in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Quarantine phytosanitary control (surveillance) and safety and quality control provision of grain and products thereof in Orenburg Oblast.
The information will be used by specialists of FGBI VNIIKR in order to facilitate the Rosselkhoznadzor activities in the field of plant quarantine.